THE 10 Types of SHICHIDA FLASHCARDS...
Flashcards are an essential teaching tool for your baby/toddler's collection of Shichida materials. I feel it is the most effective way for your baby / infant to learn and expand their knowledge.
If you are looking for Shichida flashcard materials for sale, here are some useful tips.
Shichida Method (the most popular "right brain education" early learning school in Japan) recommends that you buy the following 10 types of Shichida flash cards.
1. Colour (red, yellow, and blue)
2. Shape (circle, square, & triangle)
3. Size (big, small...)
4. Numbers (123 and red dots)
5. Volume (many, much, a few & a little)
6. Space recognition (front, back, up, down)
7. Order (first, second...)
8. Comparison (tall, short...)
9. Time (now, before, today...)
10. Money (How much? e.g., a hundred Yen...)
Addition to the 10 mentioned type of flash cards,
Pictures on Thematic Topics (e.g., types of flowers, birds, vehicles, animals.) should be included in your flash card library.
According to Professor Makoto Shichida, flash cards are a must-have in your home practice because
- To give your child general knowledge
- To activate the child's right brain. Flashing cards (at high speed / less than 1 sec)
- Acquire instant memory. Learning is normally a left brain memory function. When you input information at high speed, the right brain memory is activated.
- To connect the right and the left side of the brain. During flash card lessons, pictures / images and words are shown. Pictures are processed by the right brain, and the languages / words are processed by the left brain. Flashing strengthens both sides of the brain.
To make your lesson following Shichida at home effectively you have to make sure your flash card materials covers all the above "Top 10" and "Thematic Topics."
How to use Shichida flashcards effectively on your baby?
1. Flash from 1 sec to 0.5 sec per card.
2. Start with 50 cards for the 1st month, gradually move up to an average of 200 cards per month.
3. Do not repeat the same flash card set on the same day.
4. 2 to 3 years old child generally are more active so you may need to split your lessons into 2 to 3 sessions a day or take frequent breaks.
Why Shichida flashcards are flashed so fast?
According to Makoto Shichida, when your child is from 0 to 3 years old, the right side of the brain is the most dominant. By flashing the cards fast, you train the right side of the brain.
The right side of the brain is the creative brain.
This is how Shichida students develop the right brain's instant memorisation ability by flashing flashcards at 1 sec to 0.5 sec per card.
You can start your baby / infant at 3 months to 6 months old at home.
It is essential to cover as much variety of flash card topics as possible, and most importantly, your child must have FUN learning.
If your child is 4 or 5 years old, you can still flash cards. The technique is the same accept you introduce new topics that suit their level of competencies.