Whether in class or at home, flashing cards are part of the right brain exercises done by Shichida Method.
According to Professor Makoto Shichida, he believes to train the right side of the brain you must flash cards as fast as possible (minimum below one second).
Below are how to flash cards using the Shichida Method:
- For starters, you can flash a minimum of 100 to 200 cards per lesson. You may gradually increase this number when your child requests. Do not force your child to do more.
- You should flash the same 100 to 200 cards for at least 2 weeks before you move on to the new set of cards.
- As you flash the cards gradually increase your speed of flashing.
- Shichida does not set a "grade" or "level" in their lessons because Shichida believes that every child has unlimited potential. Which means you can flash any flash cards of any "level" or difficulty. Please do not underestimate your child.
- At the end of the session, kiss, hug and praise your child. This is to encourage and motivate your child.
Remember, you will activate the right brain when you flash the cards at high speed. Make sure you have a variety of flash cards so your child won't get bored.
Below are some of the topics Shichida focus:
- Shichida 63 or 65 Day Math Program
- Math Dots Flashcards: Random and Organise
- Equations: Addition, Subtraction, and Multiplication
- Vocabulary / Children Flashcards
- Image Eye Training
- Alpha Music
Learn more about the type of "shichida flash cards" you can use to teach your child.