Also known as “black and white baby flash cards”. The goal of these flash cards is for your baby to train the baby’s eyes muscles / vision.
Based on research, there are a lot of benefits using these black and white flash cards with patterns / pictures for babies to learn.
What are the Benefits?
1. Increase your baby's focus or concentration. After some training using these simulation flash cards, many parents have reported that their baby has increased their focus from 10 seconds to more than 60 seconds. This is known as fixation which helps to learn. If your baby fixates on one object, information about that object gets through to the cortex - deepest part of the brain - which means that there is an intact pathway of stimulation the brain's growth.
2. Learn to differentiate an object from its background. This is known as "tracking." For your child to track easier, high contrast designs and colour flash cards like black, white and red are chosen for these exercises.
3. Learn how to distinguish one object from another. When you show your child a set of flash cards (at least 30 seconds each card), they will notice a difference one object from the other. This is known as "scanning."
Sources from Dr. Ludington-Hoe. S., "How to have a Smarter Baby."
Your child's visual development:
1. At birth, your newborn baby can detect light, motion and can make our faces and large shapes.
2. By the end of the first month, your baby can make eye contact and focus on objects about 12 inches away.
3. 3 to 4 months old, can differentiate between colours and focus better on objects. He can see a distance of 10 feet, which indicated he has a near and far vision.
4. 5 months old, babies will have a good colour vision.
According to Child Psychology Specialist, Dr. Amanda Gummer, babies will show a more solid brain growth and a faster visual development when received visual stimulation from colours, shapes, and patterns.
As part of improving your child's physical, emotional and cognitive development, we would recommend you to start your child's early learning development by using black, white and red visual stimulation flash cards.
Find out what more you can teach our child. Discover more.