Before you start your child's flashcard lesson at home, you need to prepare your child mentally.
Here is what you should do:
1. Get your child to relax and become calm.
2. This will clear your child's mind (clarity).
3. Your child will receive lots of positive "energy" and "learning power".
4. Repeat an affirmation.
Your child's mind is to be like an empty cup, waiting to be filled with knowledge.
With a clear, confident and calm mind, your child can concentrate, learn and absorb better.
Below are the exercises you can do before you start your child's right brain flash card lesson:
1. Deep breathing - You can make this exercise interesting and fun by making toys that help your child to control his breathing.
2. Shichida "Energy Ball" exercise.
3. An affirmation (positive/praise talk). Say positive words to your baby. For example, "You are very clever", "I know you can do it", "Mummy is very proud of you", "You are a fast learner", and other similar phrases.
These exercises train your child's mind to be clear, calm, focus and have clarity. A clouded mind is not able to think clearly and learn well.
In your child's early years it is VERY IMPORTANT to build your child's self-esteem. You develop your child's self-esteem by repeating affirmations.
Self-esteem is self-confidence, self-worth, belief in oneself, loving oneself, dignity, self-respect, self-assurance, and taking pride.
You want to send the positive energy of abundance, confidence, worthiness to receive good things in life, and confidence to your child.
Once you have done these exercises with your child, you can start your flashcard lesson.