Based on research, our child is expected to have some basic math skills before entering kindergarten.
Here is the essential kindergarten math skill checklist your need have
1. Counting 1 to 100
2. Counting twos fives, tens
3. Add and subtract within five
4. Understand how to add and subtract up to ten
5. Learn to compare objects: bigger/smaller, greater than/lesser than
6. Sort and categorize objects
7. Identify shapes: triangles, square, rectangle, circle, pyramid, cube, etc.
By starting to teach your toddler the above early math skills, so they will have a smooth transition to kindergarten.