Based on research, your child is expected to have some basic math skills before entering kindergarten. Here is a basic kindergarten math skill checklist your need have:
1. Counting 1 to 100
2. Counting twos fives, tens
3. Add and subtract within five
4. Understand how to add and subtract up to ten
5. Learning Abacus
6. Learn to compare objects: bigger/smaller, greater than/lesser than
8. Identify shapes: triangles, square, rectangle, circle, pyramid, cube, etc.
By starting to teach your toddler early, they will have a smooth transition to kindergarten.
PS: Take advantage of the library membership offer by joining the Right Brain Education Library today.